Brought to you by the founders of Juniper Systems, Inc., Cedar Tree Technologies is where ultra-ruggedness and affordability collide. Cedar provides rugged handheld computers equipped with the power and versatility of Google Android to professionals in a wide variety of markets.
Cedar provides tablets, handhelds and smartphones for the construction industry, partners with software providers such as Geospatial Experts and Formotus to form business-ready solutions without expensive programming. Products provide access to the Google Play store so that you can choose from thousands of additional business applications.
Pair Cedar's data collectors, phones and tablets with a variety of accessories that will include vehicle mounts, external GPS receivers, card readers etc.
Cedar offers fast customer response and service from its US based headquarters and warehouse. Our web store at www.cedartreetechnologies.com offers automated ordering for end users and dealers. We offer UPS free ground shipping to 48 states.
Our initial products include:
A fully rugged, lightweight Android tablet (0.56Kg). IP67 Sealed, with a 7-inch display, the tablet has front and back facing cameras and full wireless radios including 3.5G (with a T-Mobile or AT&T Sim). It's just $899
Fully rugged handheld/phone designed for harsh environments, the CT4 has full wireless radios that include 3.5G (with a T-Mobile or AT&T Sim), dual Sim slots, and a sunlight readable 4.3 inch display using Gorilla Glass. Sealed to the IP68 standard, it is shockproof and ready for your field application. It's only $ 489
An unbelievably compact and water resistant (IP65) Android smart phone with 2G/3G data, 802.11 and Bluetooth. The screen is 2.5 inches but still fully useable. It's a great 2nd or emergency phone for outdoor sports, all for $149.
The Cedar difference:
The mobile field technology industry is discovering the versatility and value of Android based solutions. We are committed to sourcing the best Android based field solutions and at value prices.
The Cedar buying experience includes:
Cedar adds considerable value over buying consumer devices for fieldwork. A few of these are:
- One point of contact for customer service, warranty, and replacement.
- A web store experience that is secure, and dependable. You're dealing with a North American company and there is no need to conduct commerce on international web sites. Warranty replacements are done inside the United States.
- Out of box experience and quick start guides optimized to get you up and running quickly
- Software applications that are tested and designed for you to configure your field solutions.
- All of our products have Google Services installed. This means you are able to access the Google Play application store, use Google maps and other applications like you would on a consumer Android phone or tablet.
- You do not have to deal with a cellular phone store for customer service for your business. We are highly experienced business professionals.
- Consumer devices are personal products and are designed for personal business. This means Google accounts etc. are often tied to the owner and not the company.
- Cedar products are purpose built for business. All ruggedness is not alike and Cedar devices are built to withstand repeated events. Water-resistant or rugged consumer phones/tablets do not often hold up to repeated events.
- Cedar supports you for the entire lifecycle of the product and beyond. Consumer devices turn very quickly and support is often limited to online resources.
Links to our individual product data sheets:
- CT7 Tablet
- CT4 Handheld/Phone
- CMP1 MiniPhone
Cedar Tree Technologies
2065 NW Grant Avenue
Corvallis, Oregon 97330
Cedar Tree Technologies News
Juniper Systems to carry Cedar Tree Android rugged handhelds
Juniper Systems announced the merger of its subsidiary company, Cedar Tree Technologies, into Juniper Systems. This move will allow customers to purchase Cedar’s economically priced Android-operated rugged handhelds directly from Juniper Systems. Cedar handhelds run Android, offering access to thousands of business-ready apps and Google services via the Google Play Store. Juniper Systems has published a blog post that outlines the differences between Cedar and Juniper handhelds. [See Cedar Tree Handhelds Now Available through Juniper Systems] -- Posted Wednesday, May 27, 2015 by chb
Full review: Cedar Tree Technologies CT7 rugged Android tablet
Cedar Tree Technologies' business model is to make available user-friendly, durable, and affordable field computing solutions, and that includes sourcing the best possible ruggedized Android technology at value prices. An example is the attractive 7-inch IP67-sealed Cedar CT7 tablet, going for just $899. RuggedPReview.com performed a detailed review and found an attractive value proposition. [See full review of the Cedar Tree Technologies CT7] -- Posted Saturday, March 7, 2015 by chb
Full review: Cedar Tree Technologies CT4
In this era of 2-year contracts and installment plans to get the latest fragile consumer smartphone, many wish there'd be something less expensive and more durable. There is. RuggedPCReview.com performed a detailed review of Cedar Tree Technologies' CT4, an economically priced (US$489), dual-SIM, fully rugged, and remarkably advanced 4.3-inch Android handheld designed for harsh environments. It's IP68-sealed, virtually indestructible, and has superior cameras. [See full review of the Cedar Tree Technologies CT4] -- Posted Tuesday, November 25, 2014 by chb
Juniper Systems announces new rugged handheld company – Cedar Tree Technologies
Juniper Systems unveiled Cedar Tree Technologies, a new rugged handheld company founded by Juniper. Cedar Tree, based in Corvallis, Oregon, brings ruggedness, affordability, and intuitive software to its customers -- mainly consisting of mapping and field service professionals.
“By leveraging the wide array of apps and services available through the Android operating system, Cedar Tree Technologies offers users a complete rugged data collection solution out of the box,” said Rob Davis, Cedar Tree Technologies’ General Manager. “Add to that the fact that you can purchase one of these durable devices for about the same price as your smartphone, and it really makes it an easy decision.”
Juniper Systems’ CEO, Rob Campbell, said about the new company: “Cedar Tree Technologies builds upon Juniper’s product offering, providing customers with a broader range of choices. This additional product variety allows customers to find the best fit for their needs, whether they need maximum ruggedness from a Juniper Systems product, or whether they need a very durable product that runs on more consumer-like platforms, like Cedar Tree’s products.” [see press release]
-- Posted Tuesday, August 12, 2014 by chb